Monday, May 17, 2010

Back on the "Journey to Health" bandwagon

OK. Instead of just having it as the tag line for my blog title... I'm actually going to start logging here- weigh ins, calories, etc. I've gotta put this out there for the world to see- because being accountable to me just isn't cutting it anymore.

History:
Highest weight- while pregnant with Alex (320-ish?)Started keeping track- 305 (Oct 1, 2009)Stalled out and regained some of my weight lost through the holidays/ funerals/ etc of late 2009. Restarted Jan 1, 2010 and lost almost 30 pounds before stalling out again.Back on track for good! I would love to reach the 50 pound mark by July... Lofty goal, but it is possible!

Plan:
I'm not following any specific plan. I'm doing what I can to eat healthful foods and cut out the crap- though I have SUCH a weakness for fast food. It's ridiculous, really. Trying to budget more financially which will help cut out the fastfood, too. I try to preportion nearly everything when I get home from the grocery. All cereal, crackers, snacks- get weighed and go into ziplock bags. THis really helps!! I count calories on SparkPeople.com, though not every day- kind of helps me keep on track and gives me a reality check when needed. SOme days it just isn't convenient to do so, so I try to stick to the foods and serving sizes that I know are "safe". There are definitely days when I don't monitor well (or at all)- and there have been way too many of those lately!! Back on track now!!

Fitness:
After having Alex- at the end of 2009- I really didn't exercise at first. Starting in Jan 2010, I worked out several times a week with a coworker after school, doing DVDs in my classroom. At the start of this month, I joined LAFitness and my goal is to get there 4 times a week. It hasn't happened yet (I'm doing more like 2), but May is SUCH a crazy month around here, that I have confidence that I will get there.

Love you guys and all the support you provide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment