Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time Capsule?



I am thinking of making a time capsule. It started with the idea to make one for Abby, but I'm toying with the idea of starting one for Alex, too (or maybe waiting until a similar milestone- end of pre-K/ turning 5 or something). I thought I'd mention it here since many of us have kids starting (or finishing) kindergarten this year- maybe someone else would want to make one too- and if not, maybe you all could help me with ideas!! :)

I know I have the scrapbooks- and so many people say they scrapbook "for the kids"... well, honestly, I don't. I scrapbook for ME. Because I like to and because I love looking at photographs, too. I don't want to give the books to the kids when they are adults- I'll leave them in my will. SO, I was thinking that it would be cool to have something that IS for them to have... and the idea of time capsule came up. I was also thinking that as Abby starts "real school"- that "real graduation" will be here ALL TOO SOON!

My general idea (for the moment, it's certainly evolving) is to create a time capsule that will be a snapshot of this year- the year she begins school- for her to open in 2023- the year she graduates high school. I'm toying with the idea of it being something I can add to each year at the end of the school year- maybe an envelope from each year? I like the idea of including photos, a letter from me &/or DH, a questionaire where Abby lists her favorite things, ticket stubs, etc... What do you think? Any ideas? Want to join me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment