Sunday, May 9, 2010

Updates all around

Life has been hectic lately. :) SO here are a few updates.

OH, and not sure if scrappy Sunday will happen today- I'm busy working on Abby's birthday stuff!

ME:I've been super slack in my quest to be healthy, lately. After losing 25 pounds, I gained 5 back and have been bouncing that 5 pounds around (yo-yoing bad) for about 2 months. I'm back on the wagon- joined LA Fitness last week and have made it three times so far. Gotta get back in the hang of logging my food- I've definitely let that go out the window- and then I'll be losing like I was before. ;) I've got to get back on the "budget" bandwagon, too. Between furlough days and the fact that I used up all my sick days and now all days off are unpaid, my check isn't stretching as much as it used to. By time I pay insurance, student loans, formula, diapers, and maybe one trip for gas and groceries- I'm out. *sigh* Hopefully this summer I'll be able to kinda start over.

CHAS:Found out that he'll get to switch schedules soon. I don't know how he handles the night shift- I don't think I could do it- but this new schedule will let us see him more. He'll still be working nights, but now he'll be working true nights- working while we sleep- and he'll be home during the day- sleeping while we're at school- then we'll be able to have dinner together and actually feel like a family. :) Like I said, I don't know how he does it, but it sure will be nice to actually see him every day- and while we're both awake at that!

ABBY:She's doing well. Reading like a true bookworm. She's reading chapter books now- though I must say, her attention span hasn't quite caught up with her reading ability. She can read for hours on end, but if she puts the book down, she doesn't have the pull to pick it back up the next day- she often reaches for a new book instead. LOL Still loving school (though she's looking forward to all our adventures this summer!). She has a dance recital the first weekend of June and she can't wait. It's going to be great. :)
ALEX:
The chunky monkey is sitting up strong and can get around, though we've got no true crawling yet. :) Found out today at lunch that he likes refried beans just as much as his sister does (and did at that age, too). I can't believe he'll be one soon! Time goes WAY too fast.

We had family pictures done last week. Lori took them as a fundraiser for our mommy group. It's always nice to get to actually be IN some of the pictures!! :) I posted them on facebook, but here they are again, because I love them so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment