Monday, January 2, 2012

Two Thousand Twelve.

It is a new year. 

2011 was a pretty good year around here, all things considered.

One of the areas where I still need work, however, is my health.  I lost about 20 pounds this year (well, really nearly 30, but then gained some back). I'm glad to lose.  It's a step in the right direction.  But I need to do more.  I know I'm not on Biggest Loser, and I don't expect to lose like they do- but if some of those folks can lose 20 pounds in a week, then I damn well can lose more than that in a year.  I need to get my butt in gear.

I'm going to make a commitment to myself here.  I know every week may not show a loss.  I know that- I must be realistic.  But at year end, I want to net an average of at least a pound a week.  That would be 52+ pounds gone at the end of the year.  That is a modest goal.  Totally reachable.  I can do this.

I go back to work tomorrow, and will be back on plan.  I'm going to be logging on sparkpeople and exercising at home using a gazelle, aerobics videos (on demand and DVD) and the Wii. 


I can do this!

4 comments:

  1. I must add, I'm working on getting more organized at home as well. Starting small- but making progress there as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Tina! Do it while you are young and healthy! I could do it until about 5 years ago and have not, at age 51, been able to get the mindset to do it. Maybe you will encourage me!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Sparkpeople is a fantastic site. There are two Sparkpeople routines that I do regularly that make a great difference. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck with your goal and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    Karleigh

    ReplyDelete