Wednesday, November 11, 2009

News

I got a phone call this evening that my grandpa has taken a turn for the worse. I feel bad, because when I heard earlier this week that he had MRSA, I was mostly concerned for my two children who were in the room with him the day before the test results were returned. Now I learn that he has been less responsive this week, and that his kidneys are shutting down. My grandma has been given power of attorney and they are looking into hospice.

I can't put into words how glad I am we visited last weekend. I just had the feeling that we needed to. And because I followed that gut feeling, I was able to tell my grandpa how much I love him. He was able to see Abby one more time, and meet his beautiful great grandson.

My brother has promised updates. In the meantime, I wait. And worry. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment