Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update 01.19

So, I've been logging my nutrition on sparkpeople.com (you can view my food/fitness log here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_tracker.asp?id=TINAMARIEWELCH&dte=1%2F19%2F2012 ) and weighing in at home and at school for our biggest loser contest.  My goal was to lose at least a pound a week and so far I'm above that- I know not to expect that every week, but the jump start was appreciated.  I lost 1% each of the two weeks I've weighed in.  :)  I've also decreased my coke zeros and upped my water intake greatly.  Doing pretty good, I think.

The one thing that I just don't know how to fix is that urge to stuff my face when I'm upset.  Seriously, last night I wanted to take all the leftover pasta and eat it from the pot.  Or handfuls of trail mix.  Not because I was hungry or even because it tasted so good- but because I had that urge to stuff my mouth.  :(  The only thing I can compare it to is an addiction- how someone else might have "needed a drink" or whatever their vice is- I was driven to eat.  I know this is an emotional/psychological issue that I need to work through.  I think OA (overeaters annonymous) would be a good choice for me, except that I don't like/agree with/accept the religious aspect...  *sigh* 

Trudging along...

No comments:

Post a Comment